Interested in teaching at The Makers Downtown?
Starting in 2019, The Makers Downtown will offer a variety of hands-on weekend workshops. We are open to many different types of 2-D and 3-D projects, including basic and advanced art / design instruction, as well as seasonal crafting projects. We’ll also consider other expressive workshops such as creative writing, technology, or anything else we feel the community will be interested in.
We invite you to submit a workshop proposal, so that we can explore teaching ideas with you! Workshops will be offered on Saturdays and will last from 1-3 hours, depending on the scope of the project.
To send us a proposal, please email:
teach [at] themakersdowntown [dot] com
In your proposal, please include:
- Answers to the following:
- What medium/media do you work in? Please write a brief description of the 1-3 hour workshop you propose.
- Do you have previous teaching experience? If so, please describe.
- How did you hear about The Makers Downtown?
- Current CV or Resume
- 4-6 jpeg images of current work / images related to your proposed workshop. Images must be minimum 600 pixels on the long dimension (up to 2 MB each).
Please do not send discs, originals, or slides. Please do not visit The Makers Downtown with the expectation of an on-the-spot proposal discussion; this policy allows us to focus on customers and provide them with the best possible service.
Proposals are reviewed periodically as time allows. We kindly ask that you allow several weeks for the review process. (Proposals received during the fall / holiday season may not be reviewed until the new year, so we thank you in advance for your patience.) Our staff will contact you to set up an appointment if we are interested in offering your workshop. Thank you for your interest in The Makers Downtown!